Thursday, February 4, 2010

Seat Belt, Vintage Cars, Texas

Zen and the art of walking with the dog



The walk with the dog is not simply meet the physiological needs of our animal is very, very much more. First we must clarify that I am not to bring out the dog, but Judith is leading out of me. Me out because I need to breathe the cold air and biting my ass because the evening passes without interruption from the chair of the cushion of the sofa table. Because my brain is a-or hyper-trofizzato all day and now I'm anesthetizing the canvas. Why wrap dress which needs movement to live, because the sunsets, the sunrises or the afternoon sun is beautiful to see the truth and not always and only through the car's windshield or the glass window of the school. And finally, because Judith believes that the best of life is to be pampered lying on his stomach on the grass in the middle of winter.
So said, the dog finally pulls me out and look a bit 'what happens to me: my pace slows down! I do not run more like a man (unless you're doing a training session as "Judi Personal Trainer", but that's another story), there is no bus or train to catch or lose. The walk is a breeze. The goal is not to get somewhere, but simply walk. In fact, when my pace is too hurried to stop Judi thinks: for her the world is an infinite tangle of scents and tracks, one more interesting than the other. There is always a blade of grass with a smell so interesting as to deserve a break!
Even if we do another event occurs More importantly, most of the time that passes unnoticed start thinking! Think! Are not yet out of the gate of the courtyard and already beginning to think! I think of the day, all the things I've done and what I will do in the coming days, I think of the people and my thoughts flow free like a small waterfall. Organizes them and ordered them or let them go free and throw me chasing a trail of thought, just as you would with a dog smell. My pace slows down and my thoughts flow free.
not enough to be considered mad?
Then go to the next box, if you are ready, and then tell me if I'm not crazy.
At one point, when the pace and breathing slowed, when thoughts are flowed, stop thinking and start watching eventually.
follow the dog, look at what he's doing, such as smell, it smells. I do not think, just look at what she does, how it moves, such as scratches, look at how you react imperceptibly on a leash and my movements. Play with her. Lot, and I do concentrating on the game, without thinking of anything else. The game is the most serious thing there is. I make the clouds with the wind! Listening to the sounds. Relaxed and focused. That the infinitely small is infinitely large.
tried to imagine how life would be if I owned the powerful smell of a dog. I look around, look at the houses, lawns, even the stakes. I try not to express any opinion, just watch. Seeking the traces of interest, there are thousands. Everywhere.
Time stands still.

PS When back home I always try to remember to silently thank my teacher with a caress ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment